The BulletproofRx Open Prep program was developed by Dr. Jeremy Todd and Dr. Sean Pastuch. It improves mobility, strength at end range and positional strength for movements frequently seen in the CrossFit Open workouts.
- Protect against common injuries related to going all-out for 5 workouts in 5 weeks.
- Improve overhead lunge position and strength
- Improve double under stamina and position
- Prepare your shoulders for high volume kipping pull-ups, muscle ups and overhead movements
- Increase upward rotation of the scapula
- Increase functional rotator cuff strength
- Improve overhead position
- Increase hip strength and mobility
- Increase core strength
The BulletproofRx Open Prep program does not replace your existing Open training program. BulletproofRx programs supplement your existing training to get the most out of all that strength you’re building.
- 8 weeks of training if you do 6 workouts per week (you can do fewer)
- 4 “highly encouraged” Strength Balance and 2 optional For Quality sessions per week
- Each session should take less than 20 minutes
There are 2 kinds of workouts in the Bulletproof Olympic Lifting program:
- Strength Balance
- For Quality
There are 4 Strength Balance sessions per week. We describe them as “highly encouraged” and you should do all of them.
They are programmed on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. However, you can do them on any day of the week that works for you.
There are 2 optional For Quality sessions per week. They are programmed on Wednesday and Saturday. The For Quality workouts should be completed at an easy pace and are great for improving flexibility and mobility.
The Bulletproof Open Prep workouts should be done before you workout. They are an amazing warmup and shouldn’t interfere with your normal routine.
Question: I can only do them after I workout. Is that okay or will I die?
Answer: It’s best to do them beforehand but if you have to do them after you workout or in a separate session that’s ok.
Your local gym probably has enough equipment to get you through the program. If you are a garage warrior or go to a small gym with limited equipment you should keep reading.
We break equipment needs into 3 groups.
- Barbell and weights
- Squat rack
- Assorted dumbbells or kettlebells (weights and number depend on how strong you are)
- Something to step up on. I use a Rogue Wooden Plyo Box with 20″, 24″ and 30″ sides.
- A pull-up bar
- 6 foot (approx) length of PVC pipe
- Something heavy to carry. You can probably get away with heavy kettlebells and dumbbells but Farmer Carry Handles are really nice if you can get your hands on some.
Note: if you really want to do the program you can make it work with very little. I did Bulletproof Legs and Bulletproof Shoulders using only the following:
- 50 lb and 70 lb sandbag
- 36 lb, 55 lb and 70 lb kettlebell
- Rogue Plyo Box
- 6 foot (approx) length of PVC pipe
2. Nice to have
- Farmer Carry Handles: for real. They are a good investment.
3. Lotto winner
- Assault Bike
- Bentley. Why not? You won the lotto.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Does BulletproofRx Open Prep replace my existing program?
Answer: Nope. Think of it as an amazing warmup that makes you stronger, more mobile, better balanced and (possibly) better looking.
Question: Can I do BulletproofRx Open Prep with another BulletproofRx Program?
Answer: Yes. BulletproofRx Open Prep goes great with BulletproofRx Back, BulletproofRx Ankles and BulletproofRx Hips.
Buy BulletproofRx Open PrepOwn it for Life
- For Non-Members
- 1 Payment of $99
- 48 workouts
- Immediate access to all workouts for life
- Email access to the Coaches
- Repeat the program multiple times for no additional charge